7 Restaurants Near Great Bend, Kansas to Try
1. Lumpy’s Homefield Bar and Grill, 2017 Forest Ave, Great Bend: Lumpy’s takes visitors back to the good old days of pool halls, cold beer, and a large food menu! With their relaxed atmosphere and big screen televisions airing sports, this is the perfect spot to relax after a long day and have a cold one while watching the Royals or Chiefs play.
2. RePerks Coffee, 1216 Main Street, Great Bend: This cozy restaurants in Downtown Great Bend does not only make incredible breakfasts and coffee but they offer some amazing dinner options on the weekend too! Located in a historic building, the hospitality you will find here is simply unmatched.
3. Great Bend Coffee, 2015 Lakin Ave, Great Bend: One of the best places you can go for breakfast and coffee in Great Bend! There expansive breakfast and lunch menu has something for everyone, and the desserts are simply to die for!
4. Squeegies, 100 E. Front St, Claflin, KS: The small town of Claflin is on the map with this spectacular café. With a menu stacked full of all your local favorites, it is the go-to place for lunch! Grab a cold one, order a pizza, hamburger, or a steak and enjoy your time!
5. HandleBar Grill, 807 10th Street, Great Bend: Steaks, chicken, burgers, and delicious homecooked meals are the stars of the menu at this bar and grill. Loads of choices in food and drink greet all visitors. Make sure you get there early for dinner! There will definitely be a line!
6. Delgados, 2210 10th Street, Great Bend: Hands down one of the best Mexican restaurants we have had the chance to visit. From the ambience in the restaurant to the delicious meal, Delgados hits on all cylinders. The options are truly endless here and there is something for everyone, regardless of how picky the eater.
7. The Page, 2920 10th Street, Great Bend: This American Bistro offers a little bit of everything and can satisfy every taste bud. The steaks carry delicious and unique seasonings as does their chicken. Hands down some of the best mixed drinks in Great Bend. Conveniently located in the same building as Perkins Family Restaurant, you can have one for breakfast and the other for dinner and never leave the building.
We did not realize how many great restaurants call the Great Bend area home. Even though Kansas never came to our mind where food was concerned when we were planning our trip, we were pleasantly surprised in every step we took in the eateries and every bite we ate. In addition to the deliciousness, the friendliness of the staff and owners at each place made the trip and meal even more memorable and when given the chance, cannot wait to come back and visit the folks that made us feel like old friends.